>>> Greatagain.gov, the official website of the Trump/Pence transition, originally contained policy statements about several hot-button issues. One of those pages was entitled "Immigration." In the drop-down menu that used to be at the top of every page of greatagain.gov (right), it was called "Immigration Reform & Building the Wall." It called for building a wall along the US-Mexico border, blocking funds for sanctuary cities, ending catch-and-release, and several other proposals.
The "Immigration" page is now gone.
The entire drop-down menu has been removed; the page about immigration policy doesn't show up during browsing; and doing searches for the terms "immigration" or "aliens" or "wall" turns up no results.
[P.S.: Something similar happened right after the election, when Trump's policy statement about "preventing Muslim immigration" disappeared from his campaign website [donaldjtrump.com]. It reappeared after the media reported on the deletion.]
The Memory Hole 2 is a one-person operation. Please donate to keep me going.
“In several years, when we have accomplished all of our enforcement goals – and truly ended illegal immigration for good, including the construction of a great wall, and the establishment of our new lawful immigration system – then and only then will we be in a position to consider the appropriate disposition of those who remain. That discussion can only take place in an atmosphere in which illegal immigration is a memory of the past, allowing us to weigh the different options available based on the new circumstances at the time.”
Donald J. Trump, August 31, 2016
A Trump Administration would execute on the following ten-point plan to restore integrity to our immigration system, protect our communities, and put America first:
- Build a Wall on the Southern Border
- End Catch-and-Release
- Zero Tolerance for Criminal Aliens
- Block Funding for Sanctuary Cities
- Cancel Unconstitutional Executive Orders & Enforce All Immigration Laws
- Suspend the Issuance of Visas to Any Place Where Adequate Screening Cannot Occur
- Ensure that Other Countries Take Their People Back When We Order Them Deported
- Finally Complete the Biometric Entry-Exit Visa Tracking System
- Turn Off the Jobs and Benefits Magnet
- Reform Legal immigration to Serve the Best Interests of America and its Workers